Otto von Habsburg Prize for Journalism
in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe
The Otto von Habsburg Prize for Journalism in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe was established in 2003 and is administered by the European Association of Daily Newspapers in Minority and Regional Languages (Midas).
The Prize is awarded to journalists of print and electronic media (TV, radio, online) in Europe who have demonstrated a particular dedication to the reporting of minority protection and cultural diversity issues within the context of the European Integration process.
The Prize rewards individuals and their journalistic work, promoting minority protection and cultural diversity, combating racism and discrimination and contributing to a better understanding of cultural and ethnic differences.
The Prize promotes editorial independence, journalists’ ethics and a high standard of professionalism.
The Otto von Habsburg Prize for Journalism in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe is organized by Midas and judged by the members of the Midas Governing Board.
The winner will be invited to attend the prize giving ceremony during the Midas General Assembly and will receive the 2.000 Euro award from a member of the family of Otto von Habsburg.
Rules of the Competition 2019:
– The call is open for journalists working for print and/or electronic media (TV, radio, online) in Europe.
– The applicants are expected to submit a series of media works on one topic.
– The members of the Midas Governing Board will examine the media works.
– The members of the Midas Governing Board will consider the level of professionalism, journalistic standards applied in the preparation and dissemination of the item, the exemplary nature of the item and its impact on and relevance to the public opinion.
– The prize will be awarded by a member of the family of Otto von Habsburg on the basis of a proposal from the Midas Governing Board.
– The media works have to be issued in European media between 1 January 2018 and 31 December 2018.
– The media works can be issued in any language originally spoken in Europe with a summary in English enclosed.
– The submission deadline is 3 March 2019.
– Midas will be given the right to reproduce and disseminate the media works submitted in its publications and in the publicity material for the Otto von Habsburg Prize for Journalism.
– Each entry has to be made with the written consent of the author.
How to enter:
Fill in the Application Form and send it per post with a copy of your media works to the address below.
Please read the rules of competition before submitting your entry.
The deadline for the entries is 3 March 2019 .
There are no entry fees.
For more information, please contact:
European Academy Bozen/Bolzano, Secretary General Midas
Drususallee/Viale Druso 1