Midas Prize for Journalism in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe
The Midas Prize for Journalism in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe was established in 2003 and is administered by the European Association of Daily Newspapers in Minority and Regional Languages (Midas).
The Prize is awarded to journalists of Midas member-newspapers who have demonstrated a particular dedication to the reporting of minority protection and cultural diversity issues within the context of the European Integration process.
It rewards individuals and their journalistic work, promoting minority protection and cultural diversity, combating racism and discrimination and contributing to a better understanding of cultural and ethnic differences.
The Prize promotes editorial independence, journalists’ ethics and a high standard of professionalism.
The Midas Prize for Journalism in Minority Protection and Cultural Diversity in Europe is organised by Midas and judged by the members of the Midas Governing Board.
The winner will be also invited to attend the prize giving ceremony during the Midas General Assembly and will receive the 1.000 Euro award by the president of Midas.
Rules of the Competition 2022:
- Applications are invited from journalists employed by Midas member-newspaper to submit one article or a series of articles on one subject.
- Applicants can only enter once a year.
- The article submitted must be sent in original copy or a high quality photocopy.
- The members of the Midas Governing Board will examine the articles.
- The Governing Board will also consider the quality of professionalism, journalistic standards applied in the preparation and dissemination of the item and the exemplary nature of the item and its impact on and relevance to the public opinion.
- The prize will be awarded by the president of Midas on the basis of a proposal of the Governing Board.
- Entries have to be published in a Midas member-newspaper online platform between 1 January 2021 and 31 December 2021.
- Entries have to be submitted in written from in a minority or regional language, in which the daily newspaper is published.
- The deadline for the submission is 31 March 2022.
- Midas will be given the right to reproduce and disseminate the work submitted in its publications and in the publicity material for the Midas Prize for Journalism.
- Each entry has to be made with the written consent of the author.
How to enter:
Fill in the Application Form and send it per post or fax it with a copy of your article (or a series of articles on one subject) to the address below.
Please read the rules of competition before submitting your entry.
The deadline for the entries is 31 March 2022.
There are no entry fees.
For more information, please contact: